NEW HAVEN, CT - The Anna Maria men's soccer team (4-15-0, 1-9-0 GNAC) were topped by Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) member, Albertus Magnus Falcons (9-7-1, 6-4-0, GNAC), 8-0 on Saturday afternoon at Celentano Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hezekiah Adeyeye (Woonsocket, RI) almost gave the AMCATS a 1-0 lead just under five minutes in the first half at 4:16. Adyeye generated his own offense and put a shot on net, but Garfield Robinson (West Haven, CT) made the save.
- The Falcons broke the scoreless tie at 22:12 when Salah Oumorou (West Haven, CT) found the back of the net. Oumorou received a pass near the goalie box and saw his first shot hit off the top left post. However, he followed the loose ball and shot the ball past Anna Maria goalie, Jeffre Donahue (Rockland, MA) for the 1-0 lead.
- Not long after at 27:50, Oumorou struck again to make the score 2-0. Oumorou had a penalty kick and it hit the left post, but he tracked down the ball to send it on the right side of the net for his second of five goals on the day.
- When the second half got underway, Albertus Magnus tacked on six more goals from Oumorou, Michael Hidalgo (Norwalk, CT), twice from Oumorou, Matt Cotto (Stratford, CT), and Jonathan Beaucejour (Wallingford, CT) at 51:36, 64:28, 65:14, 72:40, 80:49, and 87:05 respectively.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Donnahue made six saves for the AMCATS. Meanwhile, Robinson collected five for the hosts.
- Anna Maria held a 7-4 advantage in corner kicks on the afternoon.
- Adeyeye's three shots paced the AMCATS offense, Nick Lawrence (Attleboro, MA), Alex Nichols (Tinton Falls, NJ), Ryan Todesco (Southwick, MA), and Caleb Wu (New Hartford, NY) each rounded out the shots with one.
Anna Maria finishes the regular season traveling to GNAC foe, Saint Joeseph's (ME) on Wednesday, October 30 at 7 PM. Albertus Magnus concludes their season going to St. Joesph (CT) on Wednesday, October 30 at 3 PM.