- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Football team fell to Union College this afternoon in heavy rain on AMCAT Field.
- Date: 09/14/2019
- Score: Union 54, Anna Maria 7
- Records: Union (2-0), Anna Maria (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Dutchmen were led on offense through the air by William Bellamy (Lafayette, LA) who was 8-15 for 148 yards and 3 touchdowns. Andre Ross Jr. was Bellamy's top target this afternoon with two catches for 58 yards and a score.
- The heavy ground game for Union tallied 250 yards with Ike Irabor (Braintree, MA) leading the way with 87 yards and 2 TDs.
- Colin Lama (Stoughton, MA) tallied the most tackles on defense for the Dutchmen with 7 total coming off 2 solo and 5 assisted.
- Alex Cohen (Plymouth, MA) led the AMCATS through the air with 10 completions on 20 attempts for 71 yards and a touchdown. David Robinson (Boston, MA) was on the receiving end of that score and also led AMC in receiving on the day with 60 yards on 3 catches.
- Donavin Johnson (Kissimmee, FL) gained the most yardage for the AMCATS on the ground with 10 yards.
- Carlos Riberio (New Bedford, MA) accumulated 10 tackles which was good enough to lead the AMC in that category. He finished the contest with 8 solo tackles and just 2 assisted.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Dutchmen finished the game with 498 yards to the Anna Maria 107.
- Union passed for 248 yards while the AMCATS threw for 114.
- UC also took overmatched the 'Cats on the ground rushing for 250 yards, compared to AMC's -7.
- Anna Maria returns to action on September 21 with a televised match up with Nichols College. Kickoff is slated for 2:00 PM on AMCATS Field.