- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Football team found its groove against ECFC opponent Gallaudet University this afternoon as they were victorious with a final of 53-14.
- Date: 11/09/19
- Score: Anna Maria 53, Gallaudet 14
- Records: Gallaudet (2-6, 2-3 ECFC), Anna Maria (2-8, 2-3 ECFC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Anna Maria found the end zone three times to start the game giving them a 20-0 run before Gallaudet could answer.
- The AMCATS defense stuffed the Bison on their first drive causing a turnover. Linebacker Dylan Diorio (South Grafton, MA) forced the fumble and it was recovered by Ty'Rique Bruce (East Orange, NJ) to give the 'Cats the ball at the visitor 45-yard line. With a short field to go the first score of the day came on a 23-yard reception by Javon Phillips (Carrolton, AL) from senior Tanner Kingsley (Beacon Falls, CT) just under 3 minutes into the game.
- After another Gallaudet 3 and out Kingsley capped off another drive on a 4th and 21 to tight end Alex Cohen (Plymouth, MA) for a 22-yard catch over the middle.
- The second quarter started with one more AMCAT score when Marquis Roderique (Dorchester, MA) pushed his way into the end zone for a 2-yard touchdown to cap off a 10 play 87-yard drive.
- After a short squib kickoff by Anna Maria the Bison started their first scoring drive off on the 50-yard line. Their 8 play 50-yard drive was finished off on a 2-yard rush by Cassmeir Hutchinson to get Gallaudet on the board.
- Kingsley wasted no time getting those 7 points back however, it only took one play on the very next drive for him to find Phillips again for a 65-yard catch and run. This would bring the AMCATS into the half with a sizable 33-7 lead.
- The AMCATS found the end zone once in the third on another Kingsley touchdown toss, this time to Vincent Marrone (Wayne, NJ) for 22 yards.
- The Bison started the scoring off in the fourth quarter on a quick slant pass from Logan Taylor to Mitchell Dolinar for the 14-yard score.
- Anna Maria finished the game off with two more scores, the first came on an Emmanuel Leake (Providence, RI) pass to Hayden Braga (Foster, RI) for 16 yards. The last score came on a strip sack by JJ Martuscello (Clifton Park, NY) that was recovered by Nate Slaughter (Beacon, NY) who ran it back 44 yards to get the final of 53-14.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The AMCATS were 50% on third down opportunities, with a total of 414 yards on the day.
- Leading the way through the air for Anna Maria was Kingsley, who was 19-25 with 285 yards passing for 4 touchdowns.
- The leading rusher was Roderique who finished with 73 yards rushing on 16 carries.
- Braga was the top target for Tanner making 7 catches for 121 yards and a touchdown.
- Adam Black Led the defense today with 8 total tackles to go along with 2.5 sacks for a loss of 21 yards.