- NEWTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Women's Soccer team fell to conference opponent Lasell University early this afternoon on Taylor Field.
- Date: 9/28/2019
- Score: Lasell 6, Anna Maria 0
- Records: Lasell (3-6, 3-1 GNAC), Anna Maria (3-5-1, 0-3-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a very competitive first half between both teams the Lasers took a 1-0 lead into the half. The first half goals was scored by Sophia DiPlacido (Hudson, MA) in the 39th minute.
- During the second half Lasell went on a 5-0 run on the AMCATS, to give them a 6-0 lead.
- Anna Maria was unable to find the back of the net in the game, but they were able to stop the Lasers attack to keep it to the 6-0 score.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Goalie Rachel Matloff (Grafton, MA) face a season high 20 shots on goal, making 14 saves.
- The AMCATS were outshot but Lasell 36-3.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 2nd as they will travel to the University of Saint Joseph's for another conference matchup, with a kickoff time of 2:30 pm.