- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Women's Soccer Team fell just short in overtime this evening to conference opponent Suffolk University on AMCAT Field.
- Date: 09/25/2019
- Score: Suffolk 3, Anna Maria 2
- Records: Suffolk (4-2, 2-1 GNAC), Anna Maria (3-4-1, 0-2-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- It took 52nd minutes to get the first score in a very tightly contested match, with Caitlin Ryan (Hull, MA) finished on a cross from Caleigh O'Brien (Wilbraham, MA) that just squeezed past a diving AMCAT keeper.
- The score remained 1-1 going into the 73rd minute when the Rams took a corner that was saved by Alice Yokabaskas (Farmingdale, ME) and a falling AMCATS defender was hit on the rebound shot and called for a handball in the box. This set up O'Brien with the penalty kick which she finished on to give the Rams the 2-1 lead.
- With less than a minute to go the AMCATS responded with another Eskildsen goal on a header off of a beautiful cross by Meghan Morrone (Westerly, RI) from the corner. That goal would tie up the game at 2-2 and send it into OT.
- In OT Suffolk worked quickly to find the back of the net, just 2:40 into the period Addisyn Lanza (Madison, CT) found herself in front of the net for the score. O'Brien was credited with the assist on the corner kick, giving her one goal and two assists for four total points.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Allison Rodrigues (North Andover, MA) finished the game in net for the Rams putting in a 6 save day, allowing just the 2 goals.
- Yokabaskas made her first collegiate start in net and tallied 6 saves on nine shots on goal.
- Suffolk just outshot the AMCATS by a total of 18-12.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 28th when they travel to Lasell University for another conference matchup. Kickoff is slated for 1:00 PM.