PAXTON, Mass. - The Anna Maria College field hockey team returns to action on Saturday, August 31 at 11:00 AM against the Worcester St. Lancers as they look to improve on their strides from last season. During the 2018 season, the AMCATS recorded an overall record of 7-10 with a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) record of 2-5 and a GNAC first-round loss to Colby-Sawyer.
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- The AMCATS have earned at least a GNAC first round birth each of the last five years.
- Anna Maria returns five seniors, Ashleigh Curll (Worcester, Mass.), Meghan Gillis (Brockton, Mass.), Lauren Lapierre (Worcester, Mass.), Anne Melanson (Grafton, Mass.), and Allyson Shaw (Holden, Mass.) that will all look to be key factors for the upcoming season.
- The squad will feature four double-digit point student-athletes, Shaw (18 points), Lapierre (17 points), Melanson (17 points), and Chayna Bingham-Hendricks (Mashpee, Mass.) (15 points).
- Anna Maria is only four wins away from 240 in program history.
GAMES TO WATCH
- Home opener: August 31, 2019 at 11:00 AM.
- The AMCATS host conference powerhouse, and the last three GNAC champions, Saint Joseph's (Maine) on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 7:00 PM.
- A rematch of last year's GNAC first-round playoff game at Colby-Sawyer is on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
- Senior day will also be the last home game against Rivier College on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 6:00 PM.